Valentine’s Day Charm Bracelet
Charm Bracelet Supplies
A simple Valentine’s Day beaded charm bracelet makes a great gift for yourself or a friend. It is also a quick project, and perfect if you are new to beading. The main techniques used to make this bracelet are wire loops and jump rings.
You will need these common beading supplies:
• Assorted beads in red, white, pink or any “Valentine’s Day” shape/theme.
• 7 inches of charm bracelet chain
• Several headpins and jump rings
• Needle nose or chain nose pliers (x2)
• Beading mat, beading board or a towel so your beads don’t roll away
- Start by laying the chain out on your beading board.
- Choose beads and position them beneath the chain at the spot you where you would like them to go. Leave one to two links between each bead to avoid overcrowding.
- Use the round nose pliers and head pins to make simple wire loops or wrapped wire loops on each of the beads you’ve chosen. This turns them into charms.
- Attach the charms to the chain with jump rings. Use the two pairs of needle nose or chain nose pliers to twist open the jump rings and close them afterward. Never pull jump rings apart horizontally or you will distort the wire.
- Use a jump ring to attach the lobster clasp to one end of the chain. The hook on the clasp will attach to any free link on the chain, making the bracelet adjustable. If the opposite end of the chain is too long after joining the clasp, trim the excess wire with the wire nippers.
Additional information to help you with this project:
Artbeads.com: How to make simple wire loops
Artbeads.com: How to make wrapped wire loops
SpottedCanary.com: Working with jump rings
To give your bracelet a little more pizazz, try this beading technique for your charms, demonstrated by our good friends at Auntie’s Beads:
AuntiesBeads.com: Drop beading
Additional inspiration for using charms in your jewelry:
Ehow.com: How to Make Bead Charm Jewelry
HAVE A VERY HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY!