After the holidays, I was able to collect a lot of ribbons of various colors from the gifts we received. I decided to keep them since I can use them whenever I wrap gifts. But there’s just too much of them that I decided to look around for good ideas to turn these ribbons into cute decorations.
A nice idea from Martha Stewart is the ribbon bookmark, which is quick and easy to make. It also makes a nice addition whenever I give a book as gift.
- Place adhesive ribbon on regular ribbon.
- Trim adhesive ribbon with fabric scissors.
- Glue two punched-out pieces of card stock at top.
- Attach adhesive flower to card stock.
Another idea is ribbon flowers from wikihow. There’s just so many uses of ribbon flowers and wikihow shows some easy-to-do designs for ribbon flowers. I particularly like the candy-shaped ribbon flowers.
Ribbons of different colors
- Form loops by folding small strips of ribbons together.
- Glue these loops to a styrofoam ball until the entire ball is covered.
- To prepare the stick, glue and wrap multi-colored ribbons around a stick from the top to bottom.
- Insert the stick through the bottom of the styrofoam to act as a stem.